Wingboarding – A Simple Guide to Getting Started will show the 6 basic steps to get you up and riding:
- Walk upwind before getting into the water – when you start wingboarding you will tend to blow downwind a little.
- Start on your knees – this keeps you stable whilst you get the hang of the wing
- Flip the FreeWing over – the wing may lay upside down when you get in, you need to get it into the correct flying position before you start
- Position your FreeWing – start on your knees and grab the FreeWing by the inner handles. Then position the wing above your head and pump gently to capture the wind.
- Stand up one foot at a time – once you have some speed, begin by standing with your front foot first. Once you’re standing with both feet you can position yourself into the footstraps
- You’re wingboarding! Always begin winging upwind first and check your position using landmarks on the shoreline.