6 Tips to start wingboarding on a paddleboard or a dagger board
- Walk upwind before wingboarding. Always walk upwind first because it’s easier to wing board downwind back to your starting point.
- Start on your knees. Try handle to the FreeWing while kneeling on the board so, you don’t have to worry about stability.
- Flip the FreeWing. Make sure the strut and the handles are facing down. Grab the wind by the neutral handle.
- Position your FreeWing. Start on your knees and grab the Freewing by the inner handles. Position the wing above your head and pump gently to capture the wind.
- Stand up. Once you feel comfortable having the FreeWing in your hands and get some speed while kneeling, begin standing and position yourself into the footstraps.
- You’re Wingboarding! Always begin winging upwind first and check your position using landmarks on the shore.