FreeWing Maintenance Guide
1. BEFORE SESSION
- Always pump the wing at the recommended pressure level.
- Don’t drag the wing on the ground on the way to the beach.
- Don’t leave the wing under the sun exposure for more than 15 minutes.
- Check that the main air valve and the little central strut valve are closed and that there are no scratches or holes on the struts.
- Close the hose clamp blocking the air off the central strut, keeping the air inside the strut, allowing flotation in case leading edge or central strut leaks. To close the valve, squeeze the clamp together while feeling the teeth ratchet until the clamp is tight.
2. DURING SESSION
- Always avoid any contact with the foil.
- Avoid falling onto the wing.
- Do not use a board with anti-slip as it can scratch the wing. Our boards are made to provide the safest combination.
- Remove accessories that could damage the wing: watches, bracelets etc.
- Hold the wing with the neutral position handle each time you go in/out of the water.
- Generally, always keep the front hand on the wing, and use the back hand for depower.
3. AFTER SESSION
- Wash the wing with fresh water.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Open the hose clamp on the pipe connecting the leading edge to the strut.
- Open the 2 air valves before starting to roll. Make sure your pack up area is clean. For example, small rocks, broken glass, or any other sharp materials.
- Follow How To Deflate The FreeWing instruction to roll up the wing.
- Put it straight into the bag with your pump and other accessories so you will not lose anything.